Students: Prepare for High-Demand, High-Wage Jobs
Commercial Drone Program
- CAST STEM HS - Southwest ISD
- Highlands HS - San Antonio ISD
- South San HS - South San ISD
- Somerset HS- Somerset ISD
- Wagner HS- Judson ISD
Pre-Commercial Drone Program
- Brentwood STEAM Academy - Edgewood ISD
- Leal MS & Harlandale MS - Harlandale ISD
- Scobee MS - Southwest ISD
- Rogers MS - San Antonio ISD
- Kingsboro MS- South San ISD
- Space Engineering Technology Academy - NEISD
Every high school UAS student will be provided the opportunity to take the FAA Part 107 Commercial Drone Pilots Test, participate in a local drone competition, and attend an Aerospace Career Fair.
Why UAS? Drones? RPA?
Industries from oil and gas production, to agriculture, architecture, entertainment, real estate, insurance, police, military, and government are using UAS.
Why South Texas?
- Texas ia an early adopter and developer of UAM.
- UAM brings economic opportunities to local residents.
- UAM creates upward social mobility for our residents.
- Texas will be the national role model for UAM deployment.
What's in it for schools?
Schools must modernize and compete to deliver value to the communities they serve. UAM connects the dots for students between the curriculum and employment opportunities in our local Aerospace Industry.
What's in it for students?
Students realize interests and aptitudes, opening pathways to careers. Practical skills development creates brighter futures for students and families.
What is the cost for schools?
Software, hardware, curriculum, and instructors are included.
What is the cost for students?
The cost is FREE for students enrolled in a participating Middle or High School in South Texas.