The Mission of The Dee Howard Foundation (DHF) is to honor San Antonio’s aviation and aerospace history and to nurture our innovators of the future. We seek to inspire, challenge and empower innovators in these fields while helping to train a skilled workforce for the San Antonio, Texas region while being open to expanding our programming beyond this region in the future. Our educational focus is primarily on Pre-K thru 12 underserved students and first-generation college students through the DHF Pre-K thru 12 Aeronautical STEM Pathway Initiative.
We hope you will forward this job opportunity to those in your network and anyone you feel may be interested.
Wayne I. Fagan
The Dee Howard Foundation
Executive Director – Full-time
The Dee Howard Foundation
The Mission of The Dee Howard Foundation (DHF) is to honor San Antonio’s aviation and aerospace history and to nurture our innovators of the future. The Dee Howard Foundation was founded to build on the legacy of legendary aviation pioneer and entrepreneur Dee Howard by preserving the rich history of aviation in San Antonio of which Dee was part, and to build and expand on that history for current and future generations.
We seek to inspire, challenge and empower innovators in these fields while helping to train a skilled workforce for the San Antonio, Texas region while being open to expanding our programming beyond this region in the future. Our educational focus is primarily on Pre-K thru 12 underserved students and first-generation college students through the DHF Pre-K thru 12 Aeronautical STEM Pathway Initiative.
DHF's Primary Focus - Aviation and Aerospace - San Antonio
Goals related to Primary Focus:
- Create jobs
- Provide a skilled workforce to fill those jobs
- Stimulate invention, development, manufacture and installation of innovative, cutting edge technology
- Preserve the history of aviation (civil and military) and aerospace in San Antonio.
Position Summary: Under the policy direction of The Dee Howard Foundation (DHF) Board of Directors, performs a wide range of difficult to complex management activities related to planning, marketing and promotion, PR and Social Media, staffing and personnel operations, finances and accounting, and other activities that serve to support the mission. Uses considerable independent judgment and leadership in decisions that influence operations.
Responsible for oversight of all staff, programming areas, and relationships with schools and school districts, donors, other educational institutions, and community partners. Provides vision and direction to the development of DHF and advises and assists the Board of Directors in planning, policy, and operations matters. Responsible for upholding and furthering the mission and values of The Dee Howard Foundation.
- Reports to: Board of Directors
- Classification: Exempt status
- Effective Date: 18 March 2021
- Salary Range: $60,000 - $90,000 depending on prior experience
Job/Position Requirements and Experience – Passion for and experience with education and workforce development, particularly STEM and aviation/aerospace-related disciplines. Develops and maintains connections with aviation/aerospace private and military industry and other STEM and aviation/ aerospace engineering education and workforce development organizations. Passion for youth development.
- Leadership– Model The Dee Howard Foundation’s core values: the relentless pursuit of excellence and innovation in developing youth into the engineering, scientific, and business leaders of tomorrow. Grows the organization’s impact, overseeing the implementation of the strategic plan and programming in cooperation with the Board and staff.
- Program Management – Serves as Chief Program Officer for the organization. Develops new program concepts in collaboration with staff and community partners in accordance with DHF’s strategic direction. Establishes and effectively executes an annual operating plan that strengthens organizational success and sustainability.
- Resource Development – Works with the Board to seek opportunities for funding through donations, sponsorships, grants, and other sources of revenue. Oversees strategy for raising funds for current budget, program expansion, and endowment. Develops and maintains a donor base for both monetary and non-monetary resources.
- Community and Public Relations – Develops and maintains relationships with all appropriate community groups, agencies, funders, public and private organizations, and all educational agencies to help achieve the goals of the organization. Ensures information releases to appropriate stakeholders to increase public awareness and support.
- Agency Administration and Operations – Serves as Chief Operating Officer of the organization. Directs the development and implementation of corporate goals, objectives, policies, and procedures. Directs and ensures proper coordination of all administrative affairs. Provides fiscal oversight and budgeting of the organization.
- Board of Directors – Keeps Board apprised of DHF operations, changes, and problems in a regular and timely manner. Prepares and submits to the Board reports of finances, staffing, programs, and other administrative activities. Provides strategic and capacity plan oversight. Prepares agenda and documents, attends and participates in Board meetings to receive general direction. Ensures committees meet when necessary.
- Published: Saturday, 03 April 2021
- Category: Dee Howard Foundation News Articles